Friday, July 20, 2012

A Little Bag

Bag made using nuno felting technique.

Flower made by cutting a pre felt, then stitching and re felting

A few years ago I did a workshop with Australian Felt Artist Catherine O'Leary who's work I admire greatly.
I loved this one sample piece that I made and have had it sitting around for ages until finally last week  I decided it was going to be made into a little bag that I am going to give to a friend as a birthday gift.
It is quite small at about 23cm (9in) by 20cm (8in) but big enough for the essentials if going out for the evening.

If you are interested in Catherine's work she has published a book Called "From Felt to Fabric" New Techniques in Nuno Felting" by Catherine O'Leary published by Lark Crafts 2011.
It is a inspirational book for anyone interested in nuno felt. 



2 comments:

  1. Jill, I've just discovered your blog.Such interesting work here...going to older posts now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words. Health issues have slowed me right down lately so encouragement from others who love creativity as much as I do helps to keep me going.

    ReplyDelete