Monday, June 2, 2014

I Like the Idea Of Upcycling


 I have come across this definition of Upcycling.
"Upcycling is the process of converting old or discarded materials into something useful and often beautiful."

I like this idea very much and think it can be applied to some of the things I make especially my latest "whimsical Boats"
I like to use old buttons and beads and bits of yarn and all those scraps of handmade felt that I have made over the years as experiments or samples or projects that didn't work out.
The wet felt making process is labour intensive and the raw materials expensive so finding a way to reuse them creatively is very satisfying indeed.

Only a very small selection of the felt bits and pieces I have squirreled
away.

The Button Jars conjures up past memories of childhood
(who's home didn't have one of these!)


No comments:

Post a Comment